Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Garden Compost


The wire compost bins I purchased two years ago from Gardener's Supply Company have worked out really well. They have held up to the elements and have done a good job of cooking up my organic leftovers. What's neat about these bins is that they lift up easily around a block of compost so you can plop them down right next to where they used to be and toss the compost back into it the bin as you aearate. I bought two bins, and I have made three spaces--so I always have a place to put the newly aerated pile. I made a compost sifter last spring that fits over my wheelbarrow. My daughter and I love to sift compost in the spring. The white grubs at the bottom of the pile make for a veritable feast for the ducks. They hang out right next to the compost pile waiting for treats. It's so funny!

No comments: